You Should Ask:
What age cars do you insure?
At ClassicCarInsurance.com, we insure current model as well as classic cars and motorcycles as old as 1900.
What’s the Difference between “Classic” and “Antique”?
A car between 19 and 24 years old is considered “classic”. Cars 25 years and older and considered “Antique”. In addition, a classic is usually one that has specific historical significance.
How are Kit Cars & Replica Vehicles defined?
These are comprised of separately manufactured components and usually represent cars of 25 years or older.
How are Classic Cars Valued?
As with any other motor vehicle, there is a simple ratio for determining what all the parts of a classic car are worth, so an insurance quote and coverage can be provided. That ratio remains simple so long as the vehicle has its original (or stock) parts. Once aftermarket or other third-party parts are included, your insurance carrier may need additional information to be certain you’re classic car is adequately covered.
Some Classic and Antique cars are more than the sum of their parts, though. In the event of a claim, you want to be certain your vehicle has been properly and accurately appraised.
Does Mileage Affect the Insurance Quote?
“Mileage” can address two separate topics which are
- How many miles are on the vehicle at the time of the quote? This is a simple odometer reading and for a classic car will have a nominal affect on you classic car insurance quote.
- How many miles is the car driven each year? Answering this accurately helps your insurance agent determine the level of risk your classic car experiences on a regular basis. Obviously, the more time your car spends on the road, the greater the exposure to damage.
Do you Offer Any Discounts?
There is a standing 15% transfer discount for existing classic car insurance carriers, like ClassicCarInsurance.com.
Much like other insurance policies, having more than one insured vehicle or other policy for coverage can provide discounts. The following with the same carrier can be very beneficial:
- Additional Classic Cars Insured
- Record of completing a defensive driving course
- Installing Anti Theft Devices
- A clean driving record